


To put it nicely, Nathan is not a big eater. Well, I should take that back. He would gladly eat "sna" (snacks) and "cooks" (cookies) all day if I let him. Since I would like him to eat a healthier diet, I don't allow snacks and cookies all day. If were really as hungry as he makes it sound when he begs and tantrums for cookies then he would eat the jelly sandwich, macaroni and cheese or whatever else I have offered.
I can't even say lunch is hit or miss. Its just miss. I have tried varous foods, the timing of it, everything I can think of and the kid just won't eat! Not even pizza with his buddies at Chuck E Cheese! Today was what I would consider a success, he ate blueberries for lunch.
Up until last week, he refused to use a spoon. He still doesn't use it with any regularity. But, he hates when his hands get messy. He holds his hands up and says "Mess mess" and asks for a napkin. One would think he would be much more inclined to use a spoon if he is so upset by messy hands
I can't complain too much, the past two nights he has passed on his meat and starch at dinner, but ate all of his broccoli and aspargus. The rest will come in time?
No comments:
Post a Comment